FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2011, 4:16 am
Traveloguy

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Overall I have to state I am still pretty disappointed.

Regardless of some of the fluff announced, QF's programme is still probably the most miserly out of the big carriers out there. Even with the increased bonuses, you are still paying out more to get less. Factor in the huge fuel fines and the programme is even poorer value.

The other concern is that Platinum is obviously no longer the sweet spot of the programme - that honour has definitely moved down to gold tier.

Whilst the new platinum tier could be of interest, I'm unlikely to hit the number required to join it (I probably could if I moved my *A business to OW though), however as I need not too many more SCs to completely my run to LTG, I'm still very much planning on cashing out of the programme shortly.

QF is a decent carrier, but certainly no longer top of the pack. It does however charge top prices and rewards less than it's peers and these recent changes won't really paper over this. Glad to see VA/DJ is putting the fear of god into QF - I don't believe that these announced changes will fundamentally change anything.