FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Senior GATO Visita Mexico
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2000, 10:35 am
Catman
Commander Catcop

Chuck/AlphaSigOu and of course my wise cracking loveable Texas bestest buddy JAWS:
I'm sorry I didn't give you heads up about being in San Antonio but MileCrazy wanted the whole thing secret (and he wanted to surprise Holly who I suspect is a lurker on this board!)

Chuck: you also rattled my brains about another visit on the trip:

"Next time in Del Rio... stop at the Val Verde winery... good Texas wine!"

We did visit right at closing. We did not have time for a tour but we did taste the wines. They were delicious. I ended up buying the Val Verde Millenium wine, only 2000 bottles made.

We also made a stop going back to Arlington at the Grape Creek winery for more wine tastings. Unlike Val Verde we were limited to four tastes. I bought this great tasting White Zinfandael.

Impressed that Texas makes mroe than just great ice cream (Blue Bell) FOUR PAWS UP Beer (Shiner Bock) and kicking music (the country boys.)

Now with all this wine, plus two bottles from U-A and a bottle of Champaigne, I just need someone to share it with.

Rudi: I write with humour because my life is a situatation comedy. Starring myself with fine support by Yaz Mainecoon Stokolosa Blanchard and Sir Edwin Landseer Blanchard.
And featuring the Flyertalkers!

JAWS: You must have been behind the wonderful birthday gift I found in my Harrod's Cat shopping bag: a certificate and passport giving me LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP IN THE GREAT NATION OF TEXAS! It was signed by "your favorite fanclub, the Texas Rangers."

I'm touched! With that citizenship and my other citizenships in Flyertalk, Canada and Disneyland I'll always have somewhere to go.