FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Refund for obese person taking up half my seat?
Old May 16, 2011, 2:10 pm
waltinsocal

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
Yeah, feel your pain, but the time to deal with this is is to deal with it politely on the plane. You can complain, but the people you will complain to are online, were not there, and have no idea what you dealt with. If the plane was full, and there was not a single other available seat, I understand that would be tough since there would be nowhere to move you. But, once again, failing that, on the plane is the place to fix this. Just a quick question about this to others; if you are on a plane and faced with this situation, where you basically do not have a seat to sit in because of the situation the OP was in, is there anyway to make this an IDB since you do not have the seat you paid for? Not trying to be a jerk or get something I'm not entitled to, but if you paid for a seat, you should get it. And to the MODS, I know a lot of these type threads get closed, but we are not rehashing the same stuff here, and perhaps we can let this one go on awhile. I am particularly interested in the IDB scenario and if the OP refused to take his/her seat because there was in essence no seat to sit in. Thanks.