FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Involuntary Change of Seats
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2011, 11:52 pm
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Ramteid
According to the SE desk, the only explanation was that the Fin number changed, it's still a 333 plane, I still can't understand that i have confirmation from Air Canada of having 18A and 18C and now have 40K and 21G all of a sudden AND I would have never known this, it's just because I asked for an upgrade that I found out. This is definitely not the way to treat two long time SE customers.
When AC changes metal.. they should be considerate of SE's I agree.. and for that matter everyone else that's booked on the flight.

Originally Posted by Mauricio23
It happens all the time. When there is a fin change, seats are randomly reassigned irrespective of whether the aircraft have the same seating configuration or not. There was a thread a few months ago with several experiences of people paying for a preferred seat and being reassigned to the back of the bus, even though the same preferred seats were available in the new aircraft. Another gem of AC IT for you.
IT should get it straight.. I mean, this is the 21st century.. its not rocket science to keep seat arrangement the same on a replacement aircraft that's exactly the same.