FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Downgrading compensation - it's official!
Old May 14, 2011, 7:57 pm
CCIE_Flyer

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Wow, here I've been flying UA for 20+ years and was completely unaware that nonfunctional audio jacks were a potential means for compensation. Even had I known, though, I doubt I'd have ever written in about it. See, until recently, I was under the impression that not complaining often meant that my complaints would be taken extra seriously! As if.

I recently spent hours upon hours collecting facts and providing exacting details to support my case that UA had basically ripped me off and had consistently failed to follow through with promised corrective action. I was clearly in the right (ticket numbers and credit card transactions furnished) and ultimately proved it beyond doubt. In response, I was told that my version of events could not be verified but was offered a $175 e-cert for my troubles. I am not completely ungrateful but I know the value of my time and this did not represent anything remotely resembling true compensation. I guess I should have been bankrolling compensation all these years prior to ensure balance moving forward.

Signed,

Long-time 1K (Once GS) With Probably Less Than $1K Lifetime UA Compensation