FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New depths of service for UA: ICN-SFO in C
Old May 14, 2011, 6:47 am
embarcadero1

Programs: BA Gold, UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Columbia Record & Tape Club Triple Diamond VIP
And UA's reply:

Dear Mr. Embarcadero,

Thank you for contacting us. I apologize for your travel experience on flight 892 traveling in Business class from Korea May 2, 2011.

I am truly sorry to hear we didn't treat you respectfully in Business class. We train our In-flight service representatives to provide excellent customer service during any circumstance. I am concerned by your comments that you were faced with gratuitous, petty aggression, unbelievably poor service and a confrontational attitude and the rest of the situation you've shared. Your feedback has been given to our onboard management so appropriate action can be taken to prevent this from recurring.

I'm sorry about the poor quality meal you feel you received on your flight in Business class. Our goal is to provide an excellent travel experience for our guests, and we know that the food you enjoy on board is part of this. I apologize for your disappointment.

I appreciate you for calling to our attention your broken seat. I understand your disappointment and apologize for any inconvenience or discomfort this caused you during your flight. United inspects all cabin equipment regularly to make certain everything is working properly, but unfortunately, sometimes a problem with a seat mechanism can occur during a flight. I have given your comments to our airplane maintenance staff to ensure the repair to this seat was made. We appreciate this opportunity to respond and look forward to serving you.

I trust the included electronic travel certificate as a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience along with the terms and conditions below for your future use on united.com and hope it will help to tangibly express our gratitude.

Mr. Embarcadero1, as a 1K member we appreciate your business and loyalty with United. At the conclusion of this email, please fill out the survey where you can rate your experience with the Customer Care department. We value your feedback and hope that you are satisfied with our service.

Regards,

Ms. Actual Person's Name
United Airlines Customer Relations

Please provide us feedback on the correspondence you have just received from the Customer Relations Contact Center. After filling out our brief survey, you will be given a chance to fill out our longer survey. If you choose to take our longer survey, your name will be entered to win a $400 certificate. Please see more details by accessing the weblink below.