FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New depths of service for UA: ICN-SFO in C
Old May 11, 2011, 8:48 am
BearX220
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by SFOSpiff
I've had mixed success on UA TPAC flights in C (the worse experience so far involved an FA physically pushing me out of her way on a SYD-SFO) but not all the flight crews are SFO-based and therefore not all awful. I just flew SFO-HKG and the crew was HKG based and gave spectacular service, including saying goodbye to me by name as I passed one FA leaving the aircraft (I was nowhere near my seat so she had to have remembered me by sight). I'm not sure if the return crew (HKG-SFO) was SFO or HKG based, but the service was almost as good.
It's the element of chance, though. If you were considering a pricey restaurant where 70% of the meals were worthy of a Michelin star but the other 30% were salmonella bombs, you wouldn't eat there no matter how tempting the 70% looked.

As for getting pushed out of the way by a crazy FA, I'd say that calls for a write-up, no matter how senior she was. If you touch her, after all, it counts as assault.