FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: WN (2011-2019)
Old May 9, 2011, 8:38 pm
mgchan

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Anyone used this on Southwest to buy gift certificates?

I fly a lot of Southwest but of course do not incur a lot of fees (either because there are no fees or because I have drink coupons). As such, I'd rather not spend the $200 on things I otherwise wouldn't spend money on if I can actually save money with it. Southwest gift certificates would be ideal, but of course with only one shot to select the airlines I wouldn't want to lock into Southwest only to find out the gift certificates aren't being reimbursed.

My other option is to either buy some AA or other gift certificates which are confirmed to work, but my future travel plans that won't be using Southwest are not set yet. Again, locking myself into AA or DL or what not would be suboptimal as then I might have to go with that airline even if flights are not the cheapest.

As a test, I did purchase a gift certificate from WN to see how it would be billed -- perhaps someone with more experience with the workings might be able to tell whether it would be reimbursed? This is from the "Pending Activity", not the final charge.

Code:
SOUTHWEST AIRLINES	 10.00
Doing Business As:	 SOUTHWEST AIRLINES
Merchant Address:	 ATTN SUPVR CR CD BILLINGS
MAIL STA 6AR/PO BOX 36611
DALLAS
TX
UNITED STATES

Category: Travel - Airline
From what I can tell, an actual ticket purchase adds some info regarding the flight and says "DOCUMENT TYPE: PASSENGER TICKET".