FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup
Old May 7, 2011, 3:29 pm
jperiod

Originally Posted by jperiod
Last week I applied for the 25K point/$1000 offer and just activated my card last night, before seeing this thread. I just got off the phone with memership rewards (1-800-AXP-EARN (1-800-297-3276) and say "representative" when prompted), explained I had just applied/activated and was disappointed to see this other offer for new card members and asked if I could switch. She said certainly, "we want to make sure you get the better offer," and asked me to explain what I saw and what I had applied for. She then said she needed to get the offer info, if I received an email or letter, and I just said, "Uhhhh, a bonus offer number?" "Yeah" "5894" "Great, let me update your account, please hold." She came back and said she added 50,000 immediately and then I would get the other 25,000 when I made $1000 purchases in the first 3 mths (per the original offer I applied for).

She was more than gracious and seemed pleased to give me the better offer. thanks OP! (now I wonder if I can get my DH to apply to this somehow!)
This is the number I called last month, but I didn't get all the points until after I spent the money and paid my bill.