FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup
Old May 6, 2011, 6:31 pm
abcx

Ok, I got shot down. I'd just signed up for the 10k link, got instant approval and got the following:

Originally Posted by Amex
Dear ABCX,

Thank you for your email.

We are sorry but we are unable to extend the new offer to you as this offer is only for solicited non-Cardmembers.

I understand that this may be disappointing to you; however, because many of our offers are targeted to specific types of Cardmembers, you can expect to see various promotions throughout the year for which you may be eligible. Our intent is to provide offers that will appeal to various interests and different types of people.

We appreciate your understanding and look forward to assisting you in the future.

Sincerely, Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services

Originally Posted by abcx
Hello,
I recently applied for the Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card under the offer for 25,000 points. I was just approved, but I just learned that I should have in fact applied under offer #5894 for 75,000 points. Can you offer any assistance in correcting this since I haven't even received or activated my card so I can receive an additional 50,000 points? Thank you for any help you can provide.
Best,
I sent this to "MR points balance". I don't have a charge card but I do have an SPG card. I'm thinking of re-sending in a few days hoping for more luck. What are the magic words that you guys used? I think I'm the only one in this thread that got turned away. This was on my Dad's card (doesn't live in the US anymore so credit history is irrelevant) and I was hoping that if this went through I would do mine too.