FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge Access for 1 adult + 2 kids for BMI Gold.
Old May 6, 2011, 2:35 pm
travelwithross
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit
The reason that so many lounges are not kid-friendsly is dunderhead parents. I'm talking about all airline lounges--Asia, the U.S. and Europe. Most parents keep the kids in check, but so many just let them run around and jump the food lines, thinking they are cute. They are not. We do not want to talk or play with your children in the lounges. We are experienced and tired flyers who want to do e-mail and be left alone.

Bring the kids, but before you do make the visit a teaching moment about how to behave. You are not raising children, you are raising adulats.
"Most parents keep the kids in check, but so many just let them run around and jump..."

Oxymoron much?

As far as I'm concerned, I've never had a problem with kids in a lounge, or on a plane. I'm a frequent flyer, and when I'm tired, I always remember - I was a kid once, and the excitement of flying when you are young is great.

I hope to God my family never bump into someone so intolerant.

Last edited by GoldCircle; May 7, 2011 at 2:14 am Reason: Removal of ToS violation