FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex PERSONAL platinum 100k mr point sign-up bonus
Old May 6, 2011, 9:58 am
Liar

Programs: Doing GS11, probably affiliated with every program out there
ok reporting back on my experience. my email got denied the same form email that others have posted.

so I called just now (well 30 minutes ago, it does take 20-30 minutes on the phone for this). At first the rep said she can't find an offer for 100k MR points, except for the business plat card, then I said I have the offer code 3882 and she went off to search for that. When she came back on the phone, she said I have no acquisition offer code on my account at all so she didn't know how I could even get 50K (?? I applied through the same link everyone else did and confirmed on the phone after I got my card that I have 50k points coming) and because I didn't have an offer code on it and I applied before Feb 17th, she was able to apply the entire 100k points to my account (my 3 month period has not passed yet, even though I met my spending requirement and I was told the 50k points will post after 3 month, mid May when I called after apply). So I got the points. you definitely need to talk to someone on the phone and talk them into looking up things for you. I am guessing whoever answering the email just does very little reserach and reply with what they think is the right answer...