FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Zones are gone, Boarding by row starts 11 May
Old May 2, 2011, 9:05 pm
Critic

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by c502cid
The GA today in SFO told me that children will indeed be boarding before elites. He told me the effective date but I was too busy trying to get inside the red carpet to hear him
45 posts. Just saying.

Like cerealmarketer says, let's see what SFOGate has to say about this before everyone hits the panic button.

For the record - I may not fly the sheer number of segments as some of the FTers here, but I do my fair share - and I've NEVER seen families w/children pre-board on CO. At most, I've seen CO agents pre-board wheelchair bound pax, but only those SO disabled that they'd slow boarding to a crawl. Otherwise...as a lowly Silver, I've boarded before any number of small children, elderly & disabled pax, and even a blind woman with an assistance dog.

FWIW, I suspect we'll see the current CO system retained - Military, F, Elites (by level on heavy flights), Y by rows - until CO can graft the zone boarding system onto SHARES, or until they develop something different.