FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Zones are gone, Boarding by row starts 11 May
Old May 2, 2011, 8:59 pm
fastair

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by qoodoo
I call shenanigans because for one....

Military, First, Elites, Children under 4/5... Then rows...and its been like that always...the op states children after military which I doubt. unless I actually see some proof lol

BTW op has 20 posts. Think he's just trying for a reaction from you guys.
Do you know me to state things are true, when they aren't? Children are after elites. If your employeer is the us military you go first.

Nova, most of the military is on contracted city pairs to contracted airlines. There is very little loyalty or discretionary spending, especially by those traveling in uniform required to board 1st.) One's chosen career does not influence high yield spending on private businesses and as such does not need to be rewarded to increase loyalty and spend. For a propaganda move, on a carrier that is worldwide as well as part of a worldwide alliance that has similar benefits across the entire alliance, the decision to put regional patriotism ahead of unified star alliance policies and revenue/frequency rewards seems to not have problems associated with it. Failure to see this to me is a bigger problem than the ability to see all the drawbacks of any given procedure. Blinders on, or blind patriotism, either way, is less beneficial than open eyes and open minds. You may feel strongly that US patriotism should trump profitability, and profit generating repeat business, and that is your right, but to say that a person that may have an issue with that has big problems is just an ignorant and cloed minded statement. Not everyone world wide is a big fan of the US, our foreign poicy or our military. On WN, that only flies within the US, that may work, but UA flies to some places that aren't too keen on the US military and the elites of those places, used to boarding 1st may take offense. They also have the ability to direct their spending to other carriers, which most people on govt contracted carriers can't do (for the most part.)

Last edited by fastair; May 2, 2011 at 9:55 pm