FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back
View Single Post
Old May 1, 2011, 5:08 pm
travelerjim

Programs: DLPlat;AA,BA,US
Arrow

Originally Posted by brasov02
Just want to try and get as definitive of an answer as possible on this before I grab yet another card...
I had pretty much decided against getting this card since I could find essentially no award availability on partner airlines on the BA website for flights, for example, from PDX-DCA or PDX-HNL or PDX-BOS...etc. (I'm essentially only concerned with domestic AA or Alaska flights) But then I hear the BA award search sucks for this type of thing and you should find the awards via the individual partner websites (where I can usually find plenty of availability) and then simply call BA with those flight details and they can access them. I think the PointsGuy has said that he has had around 90% success doing this. But then I've read posts (I think on this thread are some) of people who try this and BA simply says that just because you can see the awards on AA doesn't mean BA has access to them.
Are there many success stories of finding awards on AA or AS and calling BA to grab them? Failures? Is it actually a 90% success rate doing this?
I've already got plenty of miles already so no big loss if I pass on this deal but turning down an easy 100,000 miles is tough, especially if I realize later they would have been much easier to use then I had thought. If only I lived in Dallas!
IF the low tier award flights appear on AA...then you should be able to
book on BA's website at same award level. Or call BA and give them the flights available at low tier on AA.
NO intermediate or high tier seats can be booked using BA miles on AA or via BA website.
tj