FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How long does it take Hertz to post miles to airlines?
Old Jul 16, 2001, 2:42 pm
lele14

Location: SLC, UT/ Delta - PM; Marriott - PM; Hilton - Gold; Hyatt - Diamond, Hertz - President's Circle
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by nbkob74:
4-6 weeks, if ever. They are the worst. I get my miles about 50% of the time. Given that they usually only give you 1 mile per $, it isn't worth the hassle for me to call and pester them when they don't post.</font>
I found this to be true of my Hertz miles. It made me crazy trying to follow if they had been posted and trying to track them for weeks and even months. I found a great solution! I now have Hertz give me Marriott points instead of miles.

This has been great for me. I get plenty of miles, as many of you do, and the one mile for $1.00 really didn't add too much to my bottoms line. However, I get 500 Marriott Rewards points for each rental. Since most of my rentals tend to be for 24-48 hours, I am getting much better value and, earning hotel stays instead of more mileage.

Just a suggestion