FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont Ovation Certs - Discover America Promo 5/11
Old Apr 29, 2011, 8:42 pm
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by spgplat21
I searched and only found a couple threads metioning these. The last week of the discover america daily getaways has two packages for sale, the first one is for 6 nights at the two Hawaiian properties and the second one is for two nights at the Plaza. https://dailygetaways.discoverameric...ar.aspx?week=4

The T&Cs say these are Ovation certificates, so I'm thinking they must be for 6 C certificates and for 2 D level certificates. I'm also thinking they can be used at any of the participating properties, but since those are the only US properties in those categories they are listed since the promo is Discover America.

My question is about what room category these certificates book into. Some properties have codes for Gold, junior suites, etc. But the online details don't make it clear if that's what category the certificates book into or what that exactly means.

Any insight into this would be appreciated and am I correct in thinking these would be a great deal, especially for some of the European properties.
I'm not experienced with the ovation certificates, but have stayed at both properties.

The offer states 6 (1) night certificates breakfast for two included.. both Fairmont properties in Hawaii are the same price.

Right off the bat, since Fairmont Kea Lani is an all suite hotel, you're guaranteed a 840 sq ft suite, and their buffet breakfast is lovely. So my opinion would be to choose Fairmont Kea Lani. Fairmont Kea Lani is also located in Wailea on the island of Maui. This is the most desirable place to vacation in the US imo.

The offer says standard room at Orchid which is the Fairmont category Garden View room.. I would phone and clarify the offer for Fairmont Kea Lani and ensure its a standard suite.. That would be Kea Lani's Fairmont Category Suite, a view of the surrounding mountains. If the offer is for a moderate suite, it will be a view of the parking lot. At this price, I would double check that it would be at their standard suite.

At $1,570, use an American Express card, get another $157 off, this is a great deal.