FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight changed without notification!
View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2011, 2:39 am
MAN Pax

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by apuleius
Thanks. I just called Lufthansa to find that I could have flown on LX direct on the original day required - BD did not offer this to me. LH can't now do it as my tickets have been reissued. So it's another call to the ICC this morning.
Originally Posted by apuleius
Unfortunately no joy with ICC, they have no allocation remaining on LX, so I'll be looking to contact LH Customer Services as suggested in due course.
In this situation the issue of ticket issuing or whether or not there is award space not be a factor. We're back to the EU regs and as your flight was cancelled, you have the choice:
(a.) re-routing to the same destination at the earliest opportunity (under comparable conditions);
(b.) later rerouting, at the passenger's convenience, to the same destination under comparable conditions (subject to seat availability); or
(c.) a refund of the ticket as well as a return flight to the point of first departure, when relevant. Any ticket refund is the price paid for the flight(s) not used, plus the cost of flights already flown in cases where the cancellation has made those flights of no purpose. Where applicable, passengers are also entitled to refreshments, communication and accommodation as described below.
Where re-routing is to another airport serving the same destination, the airline must pay for onward transport to the original airport or to a close-by destination agreed with the passenger. These choices, and the entitlement to refreshments, etc., apply to all cancellations, regardless of whether the circumstances are extraordinary or not.
Unfortunately, you need to slug this out with LH as they cancelled the flight and they are responsible for the restoration. Here, routing on the direct flight on the day would seem to be the most obvious choice.