FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2011, 10:54 am
GoGreen

888 number worked -struck gold.

I applied a week ago and was deferred, so I called the 888 number (1-888-245-0625). (First I called the 800 numbers but they said nothing could be done.) The rep asked me a few questions, such as "your application states your annual income is X, is that correct?" (Yes.) "Do you own or rent?" (Own.) "What is your mortgage payment?" ($0 as stated, because we paid off the mortgage.) "I see there have been some other inquiries recently [CapOne personal and business] -- what is the reason you're applying for this card?" (I am interested in the British Airways mileage.) "You have two other cards with Chase, one with a 0 balance, is it OK if I transfer 10K of your credit line to this card?" (Yes.) So she approved me! It still has to go through the formal systemic review but for all intents and purposes it sounds like a done deal. I am happy because I applied during the last round for this card and was denied because of too many inquiries, including the Citi/AA cards which were also denied due to having had the cards in the past. 2010 was not a good card-getting year but 2011 is shaping up just fine -- four CapOne 100K's (me, dh, and business for each), and now the BA. Next I'll place his app for the BA and then two apps each for the Citi/AA cards - hoping Citi's memory is short, and sweet. Thanks everyone for all the incredible tips!!