FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - STL Terminal Updates (post Apr 22, 2011 tornado)
Old Apr 27, 2011, 6:07 pm
siankaan1

Programs: AA LT Plat, 6.0 MM, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by douglass
First, according to a couple contractors/security personnel (not TSA), Terminal C will be completely demolished and rebuilt. The whole structure was moved approximately 6 inches and is unstable. The insurance people kicked all the contractors out yesterday.

Terminal D is being prepared for the medium haul. Restaurants/bars were preparing to open and new support structure/carpet/etc. was being installed throughout the terminal.

The Admirals Club will most likely open in the old "Cheers" restaurant space near the entrance of D. They do not expect it to be large, but want something to keep the members happy.

They may open Terminal D all the way to the East Terminal (Southwest) again.

There is a general feeling among the employees that while the tornado was terrible, it may bring about some rather big positives--and perhaps a new AA commitment to St. Louis.
I left from there this morning, nothing to add to earlier reports except that it'll be at least a few days before things reopen on D. The kiosk that's across from D4 does have coffee, cold drinks and snack items, also fresh fruit.

Terminal D necessarily means a longer hike for the same number of gates compared to C, since it can only have gates on the north side of the terminal, but it nevertheless makes sense (at least to me, what little I know about it really) to just demolish C rather than rebuild it.

And I'd like to see them reopen D all the way to terminal E. I understand that was a security weakness to have it open when nothing was operating out of there, but it would be a lot handier than leaving the building to catch the shuttle which connecting passengers have to do now.