FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup
Old Apr 27, 2011, 4:12 pm
Windward Side of Life

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AS, AA, JL, HA
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by singtx
Requested online with new code through secure message - 48 hours later 50K extra was added with a response. Awesome! Thanks for posting OP!
Applied for and received the 25K sign-up at the very end of March and blew thru the $1000 spend requirement in the first week. After reading initial postings on this thread called and mentioned the 75K offer and asking if I could instead have that as I had just opened the card and was obviously utilizing it. Was shot down twice and told that the 75K offer was solicitation only, sorry.

After reading the above post by singtx, sent secure message via rewards website. Within 2 hours received a message stating that although the 75K offer is solicited they will grant me an exception and give me the additional 50K as a goodwill gesture. Awesome deal, and great service by Amex.

Big thanks to the OP and others who relayed various avenues to securing the additional points. That extra 50K (or more) is a huge difference to any of us. Flyertalk at its finest.