FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] Chase Amazon VISA [redemption values changing; see post #65]
Old Apr 26, 2011, 8:21 pm
CMHFlyerOH

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by User Name
Yesterday I logged onto my Amazon Chase account with the intention of converting 15,000 points to BA miles. The BA option had disappeared from the list of rewards I could choose (even though it still showed in the pdf brochure).

I sent Chase a secure message and got the response that "currently" BA miles were unavailable. I wrote back basically asking if they could be a bit more helpful in their answer.

A new reply arrived this morning saying that it is possible to convert Amazon to BA, but with a rate of 6,000 Amazon to 5,000 BA and also indicating that I needed to call to exchange. There was no acknowledgment of the fact that these are changes or any explanation.

Typically inept Chase service, but also a most unwelcome devaluation of Amazon points if the latest response is to be believed.
I got the same response and can also verify that the points required for 5,000 BA miles has been upped to 6,000 points.

This is a card I'll be canceling. The constant changes (and devaluations) of Chase card products has gotten to the point that I really just don't want to do business with them anymore, except for the occasional bonus, of course. ;-)