FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Downgrading compensation - it's official!
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:14 am
gawhite411
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
What about legitimate issues that occur more than six times in six months? For those of us that fly thousands of miles per year, you might run into multiple aircraft, within those six weeks, that have issues. On a run last May, I had four flights that had broken IFE, resulting in four e-certs, 3/4 of them waiting when we landed...
I think you should view the 6 in 6 as a hard cap and an extreme upper limit. I would be stunned if you could actually get 6 instances of compensation, even if you flew two flights a day every day for 6 months. To put it simply, CO simply does not provide compensation except under EXTREME circumstances, and CO does not provide different compensation levels based on the status of the customer. It is clear to me that the merged carrier is going to the CO route vis a vis compensation. I don't think I know anyone who has gotten 2 instances of compensation from CO in 6 months, let alone 6.

Just to be clear broken IFE is unlikely to rise to the level of a compensation event on CO. Even if it did, the best you could hope for would be some miles.