FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Class with infant, nanny in economy, bassinet questions
Old Apr 25, 2011, 2:26 pm
azepine00
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by melonade
I'm stuck on where baby will be during flight. She's breastfed and eats more frequently when we travel due to shorter feedings from all the distractions (every 2 hours). So, she should be with us. But do they have bassinets in first class? Will they allow a fold up floor cot/box? I know I can't fly with her in my arms the whole time.

If we can't have a basinet in first class, can the nanny get bassinet even if the baby is with me some of the time? What about buying the baby a seat with the nanny...will flight attendants hate us for shuttling the baby between different classes for every feeding?

I a not even sure if 11 mo will fit in a bassinet (and stay in without crawling out while you turn a way for a second) - airline bassinets are quite small.

Where exactly do you plan to breastfeed - it's not exactly very discreet if you shuffle you kid back and forth every couple hours... Can you get by with formula during the flight?