FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Montreal REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (leaving 12/18/18 - Doubletree)
Old Apr 25, 2011, 12:20 pm
rwm818

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Just finished a 3-nite stay (easter weekend) at HR-Montreal.

After reading all the reviews here I had been hesitant to book this property. But I had DSU's that I needed to use, so I went ahead. Had initial problem upgrading with the DSU (but that was a Diamond line problem - not hotel issue). Fixed by GP Concierge back in February.

Here's my summary of our stay:

Check-in was a breeze. I was esp worried since the Canadiens were playing right as we were checking in!! Thought everyone might be watching the hockey game!

Arrived last thursday evening at ~7:30pm. The valet was right there to greet us, & loaded all our bags (family of 4) onto a luggage cart. Upstairs to the lobby - no line at check-in. The CSR who check-ed us in was very nice. Had our suite ready. I already knew the room wouldn't be great - the Exec suite which is just 2 connected rooms. But she explained all the benefits. And even went in the back and got out 2 toys for the kids & a gift bag for my wife (soap, hand lotion & some coupons).

Went to the room and the bellman was already there and unloading our bags to the room. The rooms are old and worn. But everything worked fine, esp the 2 new TV's. And it was nice to have the 2 bathrooms.

The Diamond amenity arrived within 30 min and was ok. Choose the wine + chips & salsa.

The renovation is still underway and all the facilities are moved. The bar & restuarant are re-located to one of the conf rooms on level 5. Breakfast service was good. The foos was fine - normal hotel buffet. The waiter was very nice and we saw him all 3 days. My daughter is studying French and that is one of the reasons we went to Montreal. He engaged my daughter in smell conversation each day and helper her with some words/phrases.

The RC is relocated to a suite on the 11th floor. Again, pretty standard stuff. Easy to go up during the day and get soft drinks or coffee. The lounge attendant did mention that kids are not allowed from 5-7:30. Interesting, as I had never heard that before. He said because they serve alcohol. Drinks were $4 for beer/wine & $5 for liquor. Cheaper than most places in Montreal!!

Interesting that we did go into another place out on the street - it looked like a restaurant. But upon entering they said no kids allowed, because of the type of "bar license" they had.

The only other facilty we used was the indoor pool. Also was fine, water was heated, towels plentiful. The kids enjoyed.

Checkout was fine sunday morning. Valet had the car ready within 10 min from me calling down. The TV checkout didnt work, but no line at the front desk, so no problem. Was greeted by name pretty much everytime after my 1st encounter with an employee. and thanked repeatedly for my Hyatt patronage.

So, all in all, was an ok stay. Maybe there is hope for this property after all? Will be interesting to see after the renovations are complete.