FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Maui, Ka'anapali, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Apr 25, 2011, 12:03 am
HNLbasedFlyer

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by shadabing
for xmas we've booked GW and Wesin Maui. I'm scared of possible money, snobbery and such at GW. i'm scared of it being a little more "scrappy" at WM and pool insanity during that holiday. so i thought about the sheraton but then this review on TA:

(re: sheraton maui from reviewer) "And yet that STILL wasn't the worst thing. The rooms were awful. This hotel hasn't been remodeled in years and it shows. The bathrooms have a separate small room for just the toilet, with no ventilation so it smells like body odor. And remember, we had two rooms and BOTH rooms stunk."

my head is spinning. not sure. maybe go back to kauai. we did the st. regis there in past but now need 2 rooms and don't wanna pay 1400K a night.

Help!!!!
It shouldn't matter, but what is your SPG status? I've stayed here dozens of times and have always loved the room - but, I've always been upgraded to a suite/jr. suite - I've always had a good experience at this resort.

If you get a bad room - go to the front desk and ask to be moved, but I don't think that is likely to happen. Very good place to stay.