FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:53 am
KIXman

MNL Terminal 3 : Departure Procedure

The usual car security check at the entrance to the airport.

Unlike Terminal 1 or 2, you do not have to show your boarding pass and passport to enter. I guess that is because domestic flight checkin is also done in the same floor. However, there is a metal check / baggage x-ray and patdown at the entrance.

This can make for long lines at the entrance so don't forget to come early!
(good thing there are more creature comforts inside if you get in fast)

Departure floor. The airport is quite modern in design and well laid out. This floor reminded me of Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi airport in atmosphere.

There is a good variety of shops on the level above the departure floor, including clothes, luggage, several restaurants (ramen, pizza, dimsum, set meals, etc), a 7-11 and a spa.

There is a check of your boarding pass and passport before entering the area where you pay the PHP550 terminal fee. They will also check your temperature here

Passport area is immediately after the airport tax payment booth

Security check is a metal detector, baggage x-ray and patdown. They will confiscate folding umbrellas here as I found out when I went through.

There are also a number of food and drink stores airside. There is a bookstore as well as a souvenir shop, plus a duty free corner.

Gate area. It is brighty lit from the daylight outside, with nice cushioned seats at the gates, which are laid out in a manner that makes access to the inside seats difficult though. The toilets were also clean.

Before you board the plane there will be a final boarding pass and passport check.

Last edited by KIXman; Nov 4, 2014 at 9:29 pm Reason: Updated airport tax