FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the Best Credit Card in Australia for > 0.5 points per $?
Old Apr 21, 2011, 9:00 pm
serfty
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I have one of these card so I'll respond:
Originally Posted by VLJ
Aha I kept reading it but it doesn't seem clear. It's as though they are saying only if you spend at those outlets.
So are they saying the BONUS points are applied if you spend over that amount and that the 1 point for $1 is applied to ALL purchases.
I would like to see that clearly stated. ...
Some "real life" illustrations:
  • Spend $100 at Woolworths with this card and scan the EDR barcode on the back at the time of Purchase and the earning will be 100 for the AUD spend and 70 for the bonus amount spent over $30 through EDRą.
  • Spend $100 at Coles with this card and the earning will be 100 for the AUD spend.
  • Spend $100 at Woolworths and pay with a 1.5 pp$ earning Amex (say), scan the EDRą barcode on the back of the Mastercard at the time of Purchase and the earning will be 150 for the AUD spend on the Amex and 70 for the bonus amount spent over $30 through EDRą.
  • Also, with EDRą, the over $30 spend can result on either a 4˘ per litre discount or a 2 QFF points per litre earn on a subsequent fuel purchase.
Originally Posted by VLJ
Also it mentions not available on business transactions - so how do they know if it is a business transaction? Or are they doing that to deter some ...
Why can't someone use a card to pay the ATO online and then repay the card via the business - or is that an issue?...
I have used mine to pay ATO remittances and earn QFF points with no issue.
Originally Posted by VLJ
...If someone wants to purchase office products for instance and use their credit card and be reimbursed who are they to state 'not for business'
I am keen to ditch my Visa which started out at 1.5 points so many years ago and has dwindled to this point - but every time I get another card offer I get confused.
I have no issues with puchases on this card for business costs.

Note that I do generally use a 1˝ Points per $1 spent Amex where AX is accepted and only use the EDRą Mastercard where Amex is not accepted.

Last edited by serfty; Apr 22, 2011 at 9:59 pm