FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Cincinnati Kid returns - DCA-ORD-CVG UA Trip 4/6-4/10 (w/ pics)
Old Apr 20, 2011, 10:59 pm
LHCVG

Programs: UA MileagePlus cattle, DL SkyPesos peon, HHonors Blue
ORD layover and ORD-CVG segment

While DC was sunny and mid-60s, ORD on that day was cloudy and mid-50s with some wind. I was inside the whole time, but 50s still wouldn't have been that bad had I been outside. We landed about 20 mins. early but then had to taxi around the terminal complex to get to the B-spur where it looks like all the E-Jets go (incidentally, on the initial approach we were set up for a landing on one of the 22s that the pilot said would have dumped us right by our gate). So we hit the gate just about on time.

Here is a pic of my plane after arriving at ORD:

Since this was my first time at ORD, I decided to make the trek over to Concourse F without dawdling too much, but I did manage a few interesting shots:

Not sure how many are in the UA/CO c/s yet, but still nice to see.

To my surprise, April 6 was the day that Smisek was on hand to gladhand UA employees and do a press conference. Unfortunately, views of the throwback UA c/s A320 at the gate where he was were blocked by the setup for Smisek's photo op .

I took this one because I just like watching the prep work during the turnarounds.

Then it was time to head to my F-gate to wait for departure on an XJ generic c/s E145.

Once I got to CVG, it was back to the same weather as DC - close to 70 and sunny. The only wrinkle was that we had to wait for this UAX CR7 to push back, and that took about 20 mins.

In addition, I snapped a shot of an FX Airbus sitting by the old T1 and CVG. I always like seeing the big FX Airbii at CVG (seems like a lot of package traffic for a market that size, but hey it's nice to see some widebodies other than DL44 coming in to CVG these days!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61997552@N06/5639871012/

Next up is the return leg.