FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What are the best Peds?
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2011, 7:47 pm
x2y

Great question!

A couple of years ago, I discovered a style from No Nonsense that does everything I want. Low-cut enough to wear with ballet-style flats, and made of cotton so they are quite comfortable. They also have a generously-quilted sole. And, of course, quite durable.

I just checked, and this style is called
Shoe Solutions Hidden Cotton Liner.

They have a similar one that covers the front part of the foot only, which are great with clogs. There's enough "give" to cover the foot generously and they don't slip out of place.

I buy them at the local Stop N Shop supermarket but I believe they are widely available.

I tried quite a few styles over the years, both half- and full-cut styles. Either they were cut too high to be invisible in ballet-style flats, or they were made of nylon or microfiber (sweaty, uncomfortable, hard to put on and get them to stay on). No Nonsense has other styles that are similar, in mesh or microfiber, but the cotton ones are, IMO, by far the best.

Weird thing to have an opinion on, LOL, but I was very happy to discover them. I avoid pantyhose as much as possible, but I don't like bare feet in closed shoes, either, so these 'foot covers' were a great find for me.

ETA: They also have a tab-thingie in the back, on the inner part, that seems to be meant to help them stay on more securely. It's part of the foot cover, doesn't stick out or anything. I have no idea if it makes a difference, but from everyday wear, I know they do not slide down or slide out of place like many others I've tried.