FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the Best Credit Card in Australia for > 0.5 points per $?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 7:59 am
Gotta Requalify

Programs: SQ *G, QF S, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Advantage Platinum
What is the Best Credit Card in Australia for > 0.5 points per $?

I am looking for a credit card in Australia that will let me earn more than half a point per dollar. Not an Amex card, but a Visa or Mastercard that will allow me to earn 1 point per dollar spent.

I already have an Amex card that will earn 1.5 points that can be transferred to Qantas or Singapore Airlines (or others), but for all the places that don't use Amex cards I want to earn more than 0.5 points per dollar spent.

Every bank or other card that I have looked into generally has two cards and the Visa and Mastercard only earns 0.5.

I don't care if the points are for Qantas or another airline like Singapore Airlines, I just want to make my spending work for me. But not Velocity, as I have never flown Virgin Blue, and don't plan to for some time to come.

The Westpac Krisflyer credit card was good earning 1 point per dollar, but dropped to half a point per dollar, recently.

Even the new Commbank Diamond card only earns 0.625 Qantas points per dollar on the Mastercard.

So does such a card exist in Australia?