FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ROME: Bolivar OR Nova Domus?
View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2011, 9:12 pm
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BigLar
Wow!

What happened here? The last time I checked, I think all the Rome hotels were in the 25,000 - 40,000 points/night range. Both the Nova Domus and the Bolivar are now 8000 points/night, and the Rouge et Noir is only 6000 points/night.

Makes Rome look more attractive.
I stayed at the Bolivar a couple of years ago with my family for 25,000 miles and I thought it was a good deal (a well-located 3-star in an expensive city). At 8,000 points it's a CRAZY good deal and YOU would be crazy to pay significantly more to stay anywhere else! They even feed you breakfast for that price.

I don't know about the Nova Domus but, for the average visitor, wouldn't the location be significantly less convenient?

Europe is a very much a crapshoot for Choice. I recently scored a similarly amazing deal in Stockholm (10,000 points for the Sign, a great 4-star hotel including buffet breakfast), and a good deal in Paris (the Andre Latin, a well located 3-star, but not as good as the Bolivar). But I'm next headed to the south of France and the Choice selections are, um, terrible.