FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reserving a specific seat with Virgin Trains
Old Apr 17, 2011, 7:09 am
mtkeller

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by origin
You can go to the station up to the night before the trian leaves.

We used trainline a couple of years ago. I just cant remember if you could be as specific as you need on the seat location.
The Trainline and many of the train operators use the same system for booking, although the Trainline adds on a couple quid in fees that the TOC don't. I'm pretty sure the constraints you can place on seat selection are identical across the Trainline-based sites. Further, the EC/Chiltern/SE/etc. system doesn't allow specific seat selection either, in my experience. (This is really unfortunate when booking a cheap advance first ticket on EC. As a single traveller, I'd like to get a seat on the single side that doesn't share a table with anyone.)

(Posted from one of those seats on EC. Still waiting for the train manager to come through and check tickets from DEE, even though we're almost to EDB, so that I can pay my £25 weekend first upgrade supplement. Worth it when I need to be working and someone else bought the underlying standard fare. I guess I should get back to working and get off FT )

Last edited by mtkeller; Apr 17, 2011 at 7:10 am Reason: Final paragraph