FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread
Old Apr 17, 2011, 3:23 am
dre_techie

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Frequently Asked Questions:

Can I change the dates and the routing on my award, or do I need to cancel and book again?
For normal (Flex Awards), date changes can be done for a change fee even after travel has begun, however routing changes are not permitted. The only exception is changing from a 2-segment to the direct flight. eg: ZRH-MUC-SFO to ZRH-SFO. For all other changes in routing you will have to cancel the award and issue a new one. Beware that mileage redeposit can take a number of days (own experience 2-7 days).

Is there a difference in travel benefits between revenue tickets and award travel?
No, there isn't. Depending on the class of service award you have booked you are entitled to the same benefits. If you are in Business or First you are entitled to access the lounges and baggage allowance of that class of service.

How can I book award travel on the LH A380 in First Class?
Just like any other awards! F awards on the A380 were once upon a time restricted to SEN & HON.
First awards on the A380 are reserved only for SEN & HON status members. You will need to call M&M for these, anecdotal evidence indicates it's easier if you call the German numbers.

Why are taxes & fees for awards higher through Miles & More than through some US-based mileage programs?
The main difference is that M&M charges fuel surchage (YQ) for the awards, that US/UA/CO do not charge. For awards on LO a discounted YQ is charged, the difference can be 100€ or more for long-haul destinations, compared to an award on LH.

Please suggest more questions and answers to add.

Last edited by dre_techie; Aug 20, 2015 at 7:49 am Reason: LH F no longer restricted on A380