FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Going the Canadian Way: To Chicago with Air Canada (LHR-YYZ-ORD in Y)
Old Apr 16, 2011, 3:56 am
Kevincm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Originally Posted by zcat18
Very entertaining report, as always, and it's also quite nice to have a thorough Y report on occasion! Kudos to you!
Thanks. As most of my travel seems to trapped in Economy, sometimes a reminder of the dark times and life "down the back" is needed.

I try to keep it entertaining - least of all for my own sanity

Originally Posted by zcat18
Great to see my hometown featured, as well. I lived in the Hancock Buliding for two years, and your photos brought back some memories.
I'm glad it brought back some memories and I do have a few Chicago images in my collection. Just a few

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Another outstanding TR from you! Kevin!

It seems every report outshines the previous one. I really think you can publish a trip story book soon. Each chaper is a different adventure. They are just so good to read and take my mind away from work.
Now you're just making me blush But it's how I like to treat any trip - an adventure into somewhere, to experience somewhere, to learn and to fun.

I'm glad you're enjoy the reports. I've come a long way writing them since 2009...

When I look at TRs in this forum, I see all the focus on F/C airline travels. Photos of premiun cabins, lounges and hotel rooms seem to be the pre-requisites for composing a TR in the forum. Critiquing airplane seats/service/food, hotel rooms, lounge amenities are common contents. Without these contents, there seem to be lack of interest. There is nothing wrong with focusing on planes/hotels/lounges at all. After all, this is Flyertalk, and it is no no different from Airliners.net or even Skytrax.

Your TRs are unique, and they also tell us a lot about you. The story telling parts are the best I have read in this Forum.
I enjoy these sort of reports to... as well as your photojournism style of report to. But as you've noticed, whilst I look at that, I've tried to carve my own style - with a travel narrative to it.

I'm as guilty as anyone taking pictures of a glass of champers at 35,000ft in a First Class/Business Class seat, but when I have those experience, I tend to view them with rosey economy class glasses.

At the end of the day, a plane is to get you from A to B. In how much comfort depends how much you want to pay. I'm cheap, so I go for a cheaper experience, and enjoy it for what it is, whilst savoring the premium moments when they do hit.

Sorry about the TSA experience. Sometimes I do wonder what the governments are thinking when they hire individuals, who cannot even handle baggage (even just a zipper) properly, and then give these individuals responsibilities with with airport/air travel safety....... Go figure!

Again, a great report!^

Alas, I think we all worry about the TSA. I think they honestly outshone themselves this time with the chaos caused with that bag. Thankfully, the damage inside the bag was minimal, or else I would had been taking that bag to the DHS and asking exactly where they would process my refund and how much it would be in cash.....

But of course, they are here for our safety.

Thanks UA_Flyer. Glad you enjoyed

Originally Posted by Moomba
Entertaining report Kevincm
Thanks Moomba

One of my bags went AWOL once on a ORD-YYZ leg with United. It finally arrived at my TO apartment 3 days later. The TSA had done their thing too but they left me a gift of a felt pen with a 'property of TSA' sticker on it.
Good good.... Sometimes revenge in small forms with a trophy like that is always entertaining.

Ah yes my other issue with TSA was also at ORD where they kindly attached someone else's padlock to my case.
I do wonder where they get some of the luggage screeners these days you know. Some actually know how to follow a procedure and tidy up, whilst some... well... I certainly remember one US government agency recruiting people from the back of a pizza box....

They must had got some of those people shipped to Chicago sometimes methinks....