FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The continuing erosion of miles earned by flying
Old Apr 16, 2011, 12:41 am
highlander88

Programs: AC*E35
The continuing erosion of miles earned by flying

I'm not sure about the rest of you out there, but one of the prime reasons I always try to book Air Canada or Star Alliance for business and pleasure trips is because of the Aeroplan miles I would accumulate.

However, as others have pointed out, while there is now miles inflation, there is no earth-size-inflation, nor is Air Canada going to zigzag their flights to increase the mileage to compensate for the decreased value of the miles.

See the problem is, Air Canada doesn't have that much going for it internationally, (granted, N.A. they have the best in flight entertainment), except for Aeroplan and the fact they fly to Canadian cities. These are the incentives that kept me flying Air Canada and Star Alliance recently, but the recent mileage grab, plus the scary fact that now that they have done a big mileage grab once, that raises the scary possibility that it could become a regular ritual.

Is it just me, or does this just make flying Air Canada and Star Alliance that less attractive?