FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The dumbest travel-related mistake you ever made?
Old Apr 14, 2011, 11:13 am
kerflumexed

1. My first big international flight was a week away and I had the departure time burned into my brain. But now I was flying from Pittsburgh to Toronto (probably on Eastern) and I missed the flight since I was thinking of the departure time a week away.

2. Flight from Austin to Edmonton in January. It was 80 degrees all day on Sunday so I did change out of my shorts, but did not take a coat. Bought a sweatshirt during Delta change of planes in Salt Lake.

3. Taking the morning Pan Am flight from AUS - JFK. I call rez to see if it was on time. They said no it is leaving 90 minutes late. So I take my time to the airport and as I am parking I notice there is no blue ball. Flight left on time. When I called rez and asked about the 9:00 flight from Austin to JFK - she heard Boston to JFK. I learned then to always say Austin Texas. Long time AA agent sold me a discounted Y ticket to get me to New York for work.

4. Sending in my passport for a visa to Australia and there were no pages left. I was out of town but Mrs. K saved the day by hiring a courier to shuttle the passport in Houston back and forth to get the visa issued in time for the flight. I think she bought something expensive while I was down under.

5. Getting the knockout UAL flight attendant's phone number and then never calling her.

6. Booking a flight to Oakland when it should have been LAX.

7. Not adhering to dress code while traveling on positive space F passes on PAA and UAL and being downgraded to Y.

8. Having a extra portion of smoked salmon on Aer Lingus from Dublin to JFK. At least I got a seat by the back lav on the Delta flight home.

9. Sitting next to Angelo Dundee from West Chester to ORD on UAL and having a great conversation the entire time with lots of scotch in first, but I was clueless as to who he was.

And there are many more...