FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX to offer Amex Centurion Cardholders from Certain Countries MPC Diamond status
Old Apr 11, 2011, 3:35 pm
Cathay Boy

Originally Posted by Grichka
For those who appreciate the main value of being DM, the upgrades.
For those who understand that upgrade chances will go down with a bigger number of "upgradable" members (more DM).
For those who feel that they are doing Cathay a favour by concentrating all their trips on one airline, even when the routing is not really convenient, making almost 200.000 miles per year in my case.

Then, the news that DM status may be kind of "sold" to big spenders is totally outrageous.

I think Cathay should think twice because in my case I have been approached more than once by other airlines offering elite status immediately in case I switch my loyalty to them.

I am totally on your boat buddy. And ironically, if CX do make this happen, they will lost revenue from me since I would get DM for free (as Centurion holder) and probably fly AA exclusively from now on. The only reason I don't bother to go to AA at the moment is I don't want to start over (not even the ever non-stop offer of challenges to PLT level). But, if Centurion card can make me OW Emerald right away.....