FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting from LHR T4 to T5
View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2011, 6:28 am
BingBongBoy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by barella
I'm flying from Bangalore to Heathrow via Mumbai on Kingfisher for work purposes. On arriving, with it being the Bank Holiday weekend, I wanted to head up North to visit my parents in Newcastle, so was looking at what options were available.

The IT flight from Mumbai arrives at T4 at 17:50, and the BA flight I'm looking at leaves at 21:00 from T5.

1. Would this allow enough time to claim my baggage, transfer terminals, and meet the 35 min security rule at T5?

2. Would IT check my bag through to NCL, even though the LHR-NCL flight is on a separate ticket. Even if so, is this a wise idea?
More than enough time.

However, I would imagine that IT would check them through, I am sure it has been spoken about before on here for such circumstances. They are a OW carrier and you are connecting to another OW carrier, we operate code share flights with them, so there must be some form of interline agreement for baggage.

If you can get them checked through, then you can transfer air side, but if not, 3H10 is more than enough to collect bags, transfer and re-check. No worries.