FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CLOSED (for demolition) May 31 2022, Sheraton Cleveland Airport, OH [Master Thread]
Old Apr 8, 2011, 5:33 pm
controller1

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel

Checked-in this past Monday at 5:15 p.m. Checked-out Tuesday at 9:00 a.m.

CHECK-IN
Check-in was flawless. ^ I was recognized as a SPG Platinum member and asked if I wanted the points for the Platinum Thank-You Amenity. I inquired about the procedure for the shuttle to the airport. I was told to come to the lobby 5-10 minutes before I needed to depart for the airport. I was told about access to the Club Lounge and its hours.

ROOM
Reserved: King Corner Room
Received: King Corner Room
The room "appeared" to have been recently refurbished but some items needed attention. TV was not flat-panel. Pull-out sofa was very dated (covered in black velour fabric) and did not match the rest of the furniture. The room was VERY spacious but the layout had the foot of the bed facing the entry door. So, when you set up in bed you were looking right at the door. I can't ever remember a room layout like this. Desk was nice-sized and internet speed was good. This particular corner room offered only space. The view out the window (corner room but windows on only one wall) was the roof of the lobby area.

BATHROOM
Tile appeared to be new but the wallpaper had several marks on it. Toiletries on the vanity: Bar soap (1), shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, body lotion. No toiletries at the shower/tub so if you use bar soap you'll need to "share" the one for the sink. The bathroom was clean except the paper coasters under the glasses in the bath were curled and discolored. Good water pressure.

BAR / RESTAURANT
Both looked nice and I was told they had remodeled about 8 months ago. Did not eat at the restaurant but did have drinks at the bar. Service was friendly and quick even later in the evening when the bar itself was crowded. Unlike the rooms, the bar had flat-panel TVs with HD. ^

CHECK-OUT
Check-out was also flawless. I was asked if I needed the shuttle to the airport. I said yes and it arrived three minutes later. Driver helped with the luggage and was very friendly.