FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How can they be ready for the World Cup?
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2011, 2:50 am
moeve

Maybe we caught a bad day but some how I doubt that because people post enough incidents here out of that airport.

On our trip home in March we had several gate changes right up to the very last moment (story already posted here) Our gate changed to 4A less than an hour to boarding so all the people went down stairs to those bus transfer gates. Our flight lined up at 4A while the flight to Washington was boarding at 4B. Out of the blue they announce in Portugese that our flight now has to move to 4C which is on the other side of the room. The total chaos that ensued since many didn't understand was crazy!!

In the meantime they closed the gate for Washington while there were still people in the line for the flight but because they were letting our flight pass through the room they could't get to there gate. I actually watched the gate folks tell 2 business class pasengers who had gotten caught up in this mess that they were to late and would not be allowed on the flight even though they had been at the gate while boarding was in process and had just gotten caught up in this gate mess.

I am sorry but there total lack of planning and communication is the cause for many incidents posted here and elsewhere - and they should fix it in a hurry.