FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Free 500 Starwood Bonus Points on Registration
Old Jan 21, 2004, 3:45 pm
gleff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cygnus X-1:
This was Norwood, Massachusetts 4PNTS, correct? I signed up and received nothing. How about we show some grief management by showing up there with a dozen eggs?</font>
I don't recommend that.

Also, for what it's worth I never meant to cause the Four Points Norwood to have this influx.

Though the original poster says they found it on my website, that itself was a glitch.

I came across the offer, typed it on my website, and then took it down immediately. I had qualms about broadcasting it, and I never posted it on Flyertalk.

My website has a neat little feature that emails all of the day's contents out to anyone that signs up to receive it. What I didn't realize is that it emails out even inactive content. So a list of about 300 people got the email, and one of those posted it on Flyertalk.

So it was inadvertantly spread broadly.

Although I don't know if it was actually my fault, as I also came to find that the offer was posted on FatWallet.com before I mentioned it on my site (and immediately took it down).

[This message has been edited by gleff (edited Jan 21, 2004).]