FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OT: Taking my Filipina girlfriend to London - realistic?
Old Apr 5, 2011, 1:42 pm
ajax

Programs: BA EC Gold
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy
^ Just less than a week ago we obtained Indefinite Leave to Remain (aka Permenant Residency) for Mrs SCB. The application ruled our lives for several weeks and was the cause of a great deal of stress, sleepless nights and not to mention expense (GBP 1250 for the permit).

It therefore makes my blood boil slightly to see how my compatriots are constantly whinging à la Daily Fail about Britain 'letting anyone in' etc etc.

Whilst by no means impossible, as other have pointed out one has to be careful to show all requirements are met (for instance we never held back in providing copious amounts of documents to prove finances/accommodation/employment etc). Do this and you should be fine.

Good luck!
Congratulations to your wife and you. It must be a huge relief.

Usually when people complain about 'immigration', it is because they are racist and aren't smart enough to realise it.

I have been told on more than one occasion that I'm not a 'real' immigrant because I'm white and speak English as my first language.