FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton New York Fashion District {US-NY}
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2011, 11:50 am
River in Sight

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by jimmac
Who has stayed there?
Just checked out of this property this morning after a one-night stay; I booked a $199 Triple Points rate, which by my calculations should yield about 11,550 points (including the 50% diamond bonus, Surpass points, online booking bonus, 1,000 point promotion, and 1,000 point diamond amenity). I haven't had a single Hilton stay this year, but the thought of earing 11,550 points on a one-night stay was too good to pass up.

I was assigned a room on the 17th floor - didn't have a view of much as I was looking at the building that backs up to the Hilton. However, it was bright and sunny and I found it to be pretty spacious for NYC. The layout of the hotel reminds me of the Doubletree Chelsea - only a few floors on each room with pretty small hallways and elevators. The room felt very fresh and clean and was perfectly comfortable - it didn't really feel like a Hilton because everything in the room was very brightly colored and had unique decorations. The bathroom was on the smaller side but perfectly functional, and the shower was very good with great water pressure and plenty of hot water.

The bed was plenty comfortable and I did not hear any street noise at all. The doors are pretty heavy so a slamming door here and there did startle me, but that was about it - no noise from other rooms, at least not as far as I could hear.

All of the staff was very friendly, from check-in through departure. About 10 minutes after I checked in, a guy showed up with two bottles of water and a greeting card - I thought that was a nice touch. Phil2016 described the other amenities pretty well, so I won't bother to discuss them again.

I selected the 1,000 bonus points as my amenity, so I cannot comment on breakfast. I found the location to be very convenient as it's nearby to Penn Station and plenty else. I would certainly stay here again, especially at the $199 triple points rate!