FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Miles to Aeroplan Miles
View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:48 pm
AC_Good_Will

Programs: AC
United miles a better bet at the moment

Originally Posted by nanook71
I am moving to Canada and was hoping to transfer my United miles to an Air Canada Aeroplan account. Is this possible? If not, can i use UA miles on Air Canada flights through Star Alliance?
If you're crossing the country United pts are a better bet at the moment....since AP charges lots of extra surcharges to use pts. 25,000 AP pts + $150-$200 to get across the country....or 25,000 UA pts + $50 to do the same trip. Same planes, same service.
If u call AP to find out the taxes, they immediately refuse (creating customer dissonance) to reveal taxes+fees. If you do want to find out what the cash cost is, use the website after logging in to find out, or ask them to create the booking with specific dates....act really surprised when they quote the fees and say it's too expensive, thank them, and wish them a nice day. They're accustomed to this....and none too happy from the tones in their voices....AC/AP management is not empowering them to provide the level of service expected by travellers.
Come on AP it's time to be upfront and transparent with your practices....or at least be willing to quote from a list of recent taxes and fees that "aren't guaranteed until paid in full"....