FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is silver just a pipe dream?
View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:00 am
LHR-HUB

Programs: BAEC Gold, Amex and some hotels
Hi. Welcome to FT and the BAEC corner!

If you are fliying every 2 months (ie 6 times per year) to GRU and EZE, you should be able to crack silver. (Especially if you can convince your company to pay for WT+ or CW - get your head down, do a good job, make a good profit for them and who knows.....)

A couple of tips:
- Fly from EZE-GRU and v/v on BA. You'll get full Long Haul TPs (40 I think in Y) for the short hop. So LHR-GRU-EZE-GRU-LHR could give 160 TPs all in)

- Check out Ex-EU fares (there are several threads on this). Sometimes a CW return costs only a little more than a Y ex-LHR (and maybe your company will agree to the (small) extra cost.). You can maximise TPS including positioning flights, (eg. LHR-(10)-AMS-(40)-LHR-(120)-GRU-(120)-EZE(120)-GRU(120)-LHR(40)-AMS(10)-LHR up to 580 TPs I think!

- Do what some of us do - wave goodbye to the family, social life, etc etc and just fly too much . Well, the flying is OK (I actually like the 8/12/14 hours that my phone can't ring and I can be looked after and watch a movie) but being away (and having to work)

You seem to be doing OK with the Amex, 2-4-1s etc., so keep it up!

Have fun.