FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Clinic Thread – Why is BA’s award availability so bad? And why are the fees so high?
Old Apr 3, 2011, 8:04 am
shorthaul2010

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by blawson
My advice would be for those of us who live in the regions.

Domestic flights are included in mileage rate your quoted leaving direct from London for straight mileage bookings (including Amex 2F1). You have to pay if it is MFU.

I often find you can get no availability for the domestic leg - or at silly hours - or into the wrong London airport only.

Find availabilty for the flights in/out of London to your destination. I then call up and make the booking over the phone but state you need the domestic connections - requesting the times you want.

I have had a 100% success rate on getting the domestic flights i have requested added on. The agent will book the long haul flight immediatly and then put a request in for the domestic flight to be released. They will call you back to confirm once released (within 2 to 24 hours in my experience).

For what it is worth I try and get a flight arriving in London 3-4 hours before the long haul to allow time in the lounges. Get the first one I possibly can on the return.
Blawson, as someone who also lives in your part of the world and inexperienced at MFU I find your posting very helpful and will indeed give it a shot as they say.

Thanks, Shorthaul