FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Montreal REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (leaving 12/18/18 - Doubletree)
Old Apr 2, 2011, 10:26 am
bdemaria
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
dreadful property

Usually I take negative internet reviews w/a grain of salt - but in the case of the HR Montreal, they are right on target. I had four nights reserved here recently and checked out after just one night. The property is currently undergoing a renovation so now the lobby looks more like an Andaz than an old HR. However, the rooms (at least those I saw) have yet to be renovated. Dark, dirty, w/furnishings that would be more appropriate in an highway motel as opposed to to a business hotel in a major metropolitan area. I didn't have the check in desk problems others have noted - although I did have problems actually finding the desk. As a result of the construction, all of the entrances - except one accessed via the attached shopping mall - were closed and there were no signs posted so we wandered aimlessly for quite some time trying to find the property. Frankly the construction didn't bother me that much, I could have "made it work" but when - for a THIRD time in one afternoon - a hotel employee entered my room - with me in it and a "do not disturb" sign on the door - w/o knocking, I left. To do so required I call for my car from the valet, which I did - then I packed, went downstairs, checked out, maneuvered the construction to get to the valet area and no one had yet bothered to get my car.