FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - “Shena”: The Definitive “Shenanigans” Thread
Old Apr 1, 2011, 8:07 pm
Buccaneeratheart

Programs: 2 many 4 2 long.
Originally Posted by ffI
I was booked to fly DCA-MSY with a FO companion. I booked this 3 months ago.
Companion was not FO then, gifted status 2 months ago
I removed and reentered FF number and left him on the same reservation. We are flying a CR7.

4 days out my upgrade did not clear. I thought OK, FCM going on. At check in, I saw a question, "do you want to request an upgrade" - oh yeah I do, who would not? - and then I am told I am on the upgrade list. I volunteer to bump, then change my mind and called Plat line as the next flight is 6 hours later, and am told that at booking, I DECLINED an auto upgrade request. NEVER in my DL life would I EVER do a thing like that! (only reason I fly DL domestic, plus, 5 days ago my itin clearly said upgrade requested)

Also I thought companion upgrades with another Medallion member should have been processed before the GM or at the very least immediately after the Golds BEFORE the Silvers, given my PL status on DL.

Is this Shena or just Delta IT?
Very highly likely IT. I have not flown DL on a paid ticket for 11.5 months, but as a DM last year the same thing happened to me twice. My observations have always been that Shena only occurs at the airport and nearly all of the time at the gate within 20 minutes of departure.

Shena operates manually. IT operates haphazardly.