FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upper Deck for Blues bagged 9 months out
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2011, 10:37 am
Seshman

Programs: BA, SAA and HHonors Pleb
Originally Posted by andygeog
You've answered your own question (even though you didn't ask one).

By leaving 'premium' seats available for purchase they make more money from blues paying for it, and that's the whole point of the exercise.

As a blue, I've experienced 64K once - managed to get it at T-24. Sure, it's a very, very good seat but it's not worth £80 more than any other CW seat.

In the argument I think I'm with the Golds; I disagree with having to pay to select seats in any event. Especially in CW.
I must say that I agree and disagre with you. Having now done a couple of trips in CW, UD is much better than LD for reasons which have been discussed time and time again. however, Would I pay to get 64K if it was immediatly available when booking? No. Would I pay for any window seat on the UD? Yes. (sounds contradictory, I know, read on...) The strategy is to keep an eye on the UD (For those seats which I can't purchase, I dummy book the flight in expedia and see availability) If it looks like I could get a window seat without paying then I chance it to T-24 otherwise I'll pay for it if it looks a bit thin. However, I would not pay for an aisle seat on the UD. If one was available at T-24 then I would bag it.